Cleansing internally is a practice used by most cultures since time began. A good cleanse is designed to feed, not starve the body as was often done in the past.
You wouldn't drive your car to Nova Scotia without getting the oil changed and making sure it was running at its best. Many people try to lose weight with a toxic system. They try to exercise with a tired-out body. A cleanse is the perfect way to give your body a fresh start and make sure everything is free of the years of sludge we've been putting into it. We are surrounded by chemicals. Did you smoke when you were young? Maybe you like a few cocktails at happy hour? How many Happy Meals have we all shared? Our body uses fat to insulate us from toxins. Once we eliminate the toxins, it is much easier to shed the fat that no longer has an insulating role.
Our ancestors knew what they were doing when they relied on the remarkable healing power of herbs, minerals and other organic ingredients to help cleanse and rejuvenate their bodies. They understood that supporting and nourishing the body with the help of natural detoxification methods was a way to stay in harmony with Mother Nature and enjoy a fresh start as one season eased into the next. Now nearly 5,000 years later, natural health experts are reaffirming what our predecessors already knew: regular internal cleansing not only helps rid the body of harmful toxins, but it is an essential part of achieving and maintaining vibrant, long-lasting health.
Nutritional Cleansing increases the health benefits you'll receive from the ancient health practice of cleansing. The herbs, vitamins and minerals that aid cleansing do two things:
- Accelerate the removal of impurities from the body.
- Nourish the body with vital nutrients to rapidly revive health.
A cleansed and revitalized body is stronger; resists illness better, is more efficient and performs at a higher level than one that is filled with impurities. Many people notice an ability to reach and maintain their ideal weight.
Dangerous pollutants are everywhere in our modern world, which is why it is more important than ever to adopt a toxin free friendly lifestyle that includes regular internal cleansing. Natural cleansing formulas are designed to support the innate processes by which the body gets rid of toxins and waste.
There are seven pathways for cleansing; the lungs, liver, lymphatic system, kidneys, skin, blood and bowel (or colon). Together, these vital organs and organ systems work nonstop to purge and eliminate harmful toxins from deep within the cells and tissues. An effective formula will help to clear the overall detoxification pathways in the body and jumpstart its natural cleansing ability.
The human body has a remarkable recuperative ability when properly nourished and maintained, and an essential part of that maintenance involves supporting the vital organs and organ systems that work to eliminate waste and toxins, specifically the lungs, liver, lymphatic system, kidneys, skin, blood and bowel (or colon). These powerful channels of elimination provide the foundation that keeps the entire body functioning optimally, and in addition to getting rid of harmful contaminants, regular internal cleansing helps to strengthen and nourish those channels to restore overall health.
An effective herbal cleansing formula will consist of numerous herbs, vitamins, minerals and other natural ingredients working together to help draw out toxins from deep within the body and eliminate them by encouraging healthy bowel function. Maintaining healthy bowel function is critical, as regular, healthy bowel movements are the key to keeping to keeping food moving through the intestines. This prevents toxic material from building up in the colon and consequently being reabsorbed back into the bloodstream, where it can enter the cells and tissues and lead to a breakdown in overall health. Stored toxins also slow down metabolism and decrease the body's ability to burn fat, which can lead to weight gain and obesity. Our body uses fat to insulate us from toxins. Once we eliminate the toxins, it is much easier to shed the now unneeded fat.
20 Tips to Carefree Cleansing
Things to Do
1. Stay busy. Find activities to do outside of your home.
2. Enjoy a spa day with a sauna, steam room or even a massage.
3. Get your hair done with non-toxic products.
4. Write in a journal when intense emotions are being released.
5. Enjoy a hot bath with epsolm salts and relaxing aromatherapy oils.
6. Listen to your body. You may want to be very active on some Cleanse Days or lay low, restore, and renew yourself on others. Don't over do it.
7. Avoid the grocery store. Do your shopping on non-Cleanse Days to avoid temptation.
8. Find a cleansing partner to help keep each other accountable and provide
encouragement and support.
9. If you’re going to exercise, do so gently. Your body
needs time to rest and rebuild. Try gentle stretching,
short walks in the fresh air or yoga.
10. Do something during your cleanse that boosts your spirit, such as caring for a loved one or doing something kind for a stranger.
11. Not everyone is the same. Modify your cleansing schedule if needed.
It’s important to give your body the nutrients it needs.
12. Drink plenty of purified water to improve your skin, boost your immune system and mood as well as aid in weight loss. To determine the minimum amount of water you should drink daily, weigh yourself and divide your number in pounds by two.
That’s how many ounces you should drink per day.
13. Try new drinks during a cleanse including warm, spicy tea (caffeine free), low-sodium organic vegetable soup broth or fresh ginger boiled in purified water or peppermint tea.
18. Eat light snacks throughout the day to maintain normal blood sugar levels.